Looking at the latest SDBHR benefits news briefing
Thursday, August 16, 2012 The South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources released a benefits news briefing this week. A PDF of the briefing is here. (Note: South Dakota Board of Regents/university employees receive different briefings.)
Here are some briefing points I found notable:
- There are a couple contacts for vision and dental questions. One is Risty Benefits, a South Dakota company. The contact number is 1.877.573.7347, option 5. (I don't know about you, but I love it when South Dakota realizes South Dakota and South Dakotans are the best options for our state. I don't understand the desire so many seem to have for out-of-state labor, out-of-state attitudes, and out-of-state ideas. I guess if I wanted to pay the salaries and preach the politics of folks from Wisconsin or New York or Texas or Illinois or wherever, I'd move there and pay taxes and buy their services and vote for their local and state politicians.) The other contact is Ameritas. The contact number is 1.877.495.5581.
- The PDF contains instructions for submitting dental and vision claim forms.
- There is a website for claim information for dental and vision members. It looks like you register here.
- If you're interested in checking on the changes in this fiscal year's health plan as compared to last fiscal year's, an online PDF of the "summary of material modification" is here. Access to that information is courtesy of the Healthcare Reform Act (aka "Obamacare").
- Walgreens has been added as a pharmacy provider, starting Sept. 15.
Categories: Benefits, Benefits News Briefing, Bureau of Human Resources, Member